Non-government schools offer their communities educational and economic opportunities that are often overlooked by the media. Independent School Parents will provide parents of children attending independent schools with relevant and timely information. These facts will provide parents with the opportunity to support their choice in educating their students, and challenge common misconceptions in a variety of ways.
Parents can support the independent education sector by:
- promoting the community projects undertaken by their children’s school
- informing the wider community of the benefits independent schools offer
- responding to media articles and opinions through letters to the editor
- participating in talkback radio discussions dealing with schooling issues, and
- writing or speaking with local Members of Parliament (MP).
Here are some guidelines to writing letters to the editor, corresponding with local MPs and calling talkback radio shows.
Letters to The Parents' Website
Click here to read letters from parents of children at independent schools.
'Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.'
UN Declaration of Human Rights
Back to taking action